King John's Castle
King John's Castle was built between 1200 and 1210 and was repaired and extended many times in the following centuries. The visitor centre at the castle contains an imaginative historical exhibition which tells the story of the castle. Archaeological excavations have revealed Pre-Norman settlements and evidence from the traumatic siege of 1642.
King John's Castle is just a 5-minute drive (3 Km) from the Greenhills Hotel on Nicholas Street, King's Island, Limerick City.